Cumulative Update 12 for Trados Studio 2021 SR2 (Build 220.127.116.1138, Released on 5th of July 2022)
With this cumulative update (CU), we are polishing some areas of the application and bringing some stability improvements as well as some fixed issues.
CU12 is the logical successor to CU10 as it has superseded CU11.
- The issue where Trados Studio displayed all projects after a restart, regardless of filters, is now fixed. (CRQ-28992)
- The date and time property of TM units is now consistently being updated across date and time formats, regardless of the method of creation or update. (CRQ-29503)
Cumulative Update 10 for Trados Studio 2021 SR2 (Build 18.104.22.16805, Released on 4th of May 2022)
With this cumulative update (CU), we are mainly updating the licensing mechanism for Trados Studio 2021
in preparation for the upcoming Trados Studio 2022
When you activate a Trados Studio 2022 upgrade license, the updates in this CU will enable you to use both Trados Studio 2022 and Trados Studio 2021 on the same computer. This way, you can continue working on projects for which your customers specifically require Trados Studio 2021, and not yet Trados Studio 2022.
The modernization and improvements brought to the licensing mechanism means you need to use the new Trados License Manager v17
to be able to successfully license Trados Studio 2021 SR2 CU10
You can download the new Trados License Manager
from your account
or alternatively download the ZIP file LicenseServerManager17.0.134.zip from our Download Center
- Trados Studio 2021 CU10 can use both an existing Trados Studio 2021 license and the Trados Studio 2022 upgrade license. As long as you do not deactivate the Trados Studio 2022 license in the product, Trados Studio 2021 remains activated. If you return the 2021 license, you will not be able to reactivate your Trados Studio 2021 license until you install CU10 delivered here. Installing CU10 then allows Trados Studio 2021 to use the 2022 license.
- Importantly, if you did deactivate the Trados Studio 2021 license before installing CU10 delivered here, you will not be able to get CU10 through AutoUpdate, as this is only available when an active Trados Studio instance is running. Since you have deactivated Trados Studio 2021 CU9 or earlier, Trados Studio cannot find an active license and does not allow AutoUpdate to run and install CU10.
- To solve this problem, download the manual installer from the Downloading and Installing Cumulative Updates section above. Alternatively, run the AutoUpdate executable that launches the AutoUpdate process without requiring Trados Studio to run. You can find the AutoUpdate client under C:\ProgramData\Trados\ Trados Studio\Studio17\Updates\SdlUpdateClient.exe. Click this .EXE file in Windows Explorer to run the AutoUpdate client.
- This upgrade compatibility mechanism works only for local licenses and does not support network licenses. To enable mixed-versions workflows with a network license, contact your RWS Account Manager.
- The process described above is valid only for upgrading from Trados Studio 2021 to 2022. For Trados Studio 2019 and earlier versions, this process does not apply.
- If you are using a Network license then you must update the License Server Manager before installing the CU10 update. To do this please refer to the Resolution section in the following KB article: 000018693
- If you work with WorldServer Packages in Trados Studio then you must update to the latest WorldServer Compatibility Pack for Trados Studio. To do this please refer to the Resolution section in the following KB article: 000018695
- When switching to a cloud account with no active subscriptions, Trados Studio would display the subscription information from the previous account. This issue is now fixed. (LG-29747)
- Fixed an issue that caused the Hitlist settings from the Termbase Recognition window to disappear when using Language Cloud Terminology and switching between segments. (CRQ-18393)
Cumulative Update 9 for Trados Studio 2021 SR2 (Build 22.214.171.12498, released on 15 December 2021)
Trados Studio 2021 SR2 Cumulative Update 9
includes the following fixes:
General fixed issues
- Trados Studio would sometimes stop responding when installing plug-ins from the AppStore. This issue is now fixed. (CRQ-26864)
- The shortcut for the ń character now works correctly for Polish keyboard users and no longer conflicts with the Sign in functionality. (CRQ-24807)
- Clicking multiple times in the Concordance Search window no longer duplicates your cursor. You can now correctly copy text from the Concordance Search window in all circumstances. (CRQ-20787)
- The “Import failed. The file could not be processed” error no longer occurs when trying to import multiple .tmx files at once. (CRQ-27102)
- The Browse button from the Translation Memory Import wizard now works correctly when trying to select a location for the invalid translation units. (CRQ-27101)
- Accessing the Forums from the Help tab in Trados Studio no longer results in the following error: “The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure”. (CRQ-26930)
File type and Core Component changes
Core Component updates
Trados Studio 2021 SR2 Cumulative Update 9
features updates for core components that fix the following issues related to PerfectMatch:
- PerfectMatch now correctly matches footnote tags from .sdlxliff files created in a previous Trados Studio version. (CRQ-25840)
- PerfectMatched segments would sometimes show only partial translations for certain files. This issue was related to incorrectly merged tags and is now fixed. (CRQ-25143)
Excel Embedded Content Processing
- Trados Studio no longer duplicates matches in target segments when using custom Tag definition rules in Excel embedded content processing. (CRQ-25161)