1. Use a .ZIP compressed format of the .tmx file to run the import in GS WebUI
In the GS WebUI, you have the possibility to import the following file formats into a Translation memory: .tmx, .sdltm, .zip, .tmx.gz.
If your .TMX file exceeds 1 GB in size, we recommend you to compress it in .zip format and perform the import of this latest file.
2. Adjusting the default value in IIS
If you have files larger than 1 GB that need to be imported via the GS WebUI
, you can adjust the default value in the IIS
(Internet Information Services). You can do this only if you host the GroupShare application on your own server (e.g. you cannot apply this for GroupShare Cloud
hosted by SDL).
To change this setting follow the steps below:
- Open Internet Information Services Manager (IIS) on your application server.
- Click on SDL Server site
- Select Request Filtering on the right hand side.
- Select Feature Settings on the sidebar
- Adjust the Maximum allowed content length section to your needs
- confirm with OK
- Restart the website for the settings to take effect.