For information on all hotfixes and enhancements included in the cumulative updates for SDL Trados Studio 2019, see the following list.
Cumulative Update 1 for SDL Trados Studio 2019 (Build 18.104.22.168320, released on 27 September 2018)
Important note: With this cumulative update, we have moved away from the previous approach of applying patches - i.e. using a Microsoft Patch file (.msp) - to using a full installer - .exe files installing several Microsoft Installer (.msi) files. With this method, we fully replace an existing installation rather than patch it. The installer will be downloaded via the AutoUpdate feature as before, so nothing changes from that perspective. Once fully downloaded, the installer (.exe) will launch and update your Trados Studio 2019 installation with the fixes and enhancements listed below. This will take roughly the same time as installing Trados Studio from scratch. For more information on the AutoUpdate process, see Downloading and Installing Cumulative Updates below.
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Cumulative Update 1 addresses the following issues:
SDL Trados Studio Application
- Improved Match Repair performance when using TMs and termbases and reduced the number of search calls on TMs, termbases and MT providers.
- Added Swiss Italian (ch-IT) to Hunspell spellchecker.
- The Trados Studio 2019 online help is now localized in Chinese, French, German, Japanese and Spanish.
- Fixed error message thrown when re-indexing TMs.
- Fixed Object reference not set to an instance of an object error when viewing a report during the create return package process.
- Fixed several issues in Tell Me searching in localized user interfaces
- Fixed issue with the Prepare without project TM batch task sequence being set by default on new projects no matter what project template is selected.
- Fixed Trados Studio crashing when an invalid project template that was not created within Trados Studio is used.
- Fixed issue with Trados Studio not publishing a project to Trados GroupShare when a project with the same name is on the server and the user changes the project name.
- Fixed issue with corrupted characters when adding a new term entry with the SDL Language Cloud Terminology (Beta) provider.
- Fixed Object reference not set to an instance of an object error when trying to view term details with SDL Language Cloud Terminology (beta) provider.
- Fixed issue with Custom task sequence not displaying a message that at least one batch task is required in the Create a New Project wizard.
- Fixed issue with non-English characters being sometimes corrupted in the online help search.
- Fixed display issues in the Open Package wizard.
- Limited the number of characters that can be searched in the Tell Me box to 50.
- Fixed Fuzzy autopropagation not initialized error when editing a source segment and auto-propagation is off.
- Fixed term being added with incorrect language in SDL Language Cloud Terminology when the terminology provider does not include the respective term's language.
- Fixed issue with the Replace tab not being displayed in the Find and Replace dialog.
- Fixed Google Cloud translation API provider adding extra spaces between tags and words (CRQ-10631).
- Fixed issue with track changes not being saved in the target file because of duplicate save in segments (CRQ-10617).
- Improved performance when opening document or accessing the Translation Memory and Automated Translation settings pages if several SDL Trados GroupShare 2017 TMs are active in the project (CRQ-10545). Future enhancements are planned to enhance the performance further.
- Fixed issue with only the translation units from 1 to 200 being modified when batch editing SDL Trados GroupShare TMs opened in the TM Editor (CRQ-9832, CRQ-6818).
- The SDL Trados GroupShare connection dialog is displayed when opening Trados Studio even though the option not to prompt was selected. This is now fixed (CRQ-9642).
- Fixed issue with Retrofit not following the target segmentation rules and merging segments when updating the SDLXLIFF file (CRQ-9360).
- Fixed issue with correctly displaying the Scottish Gaelic (United Kingdom) flag (CRQ-9280).
- Fixed issue with locking files when saving large files in Trados GroupShare and there are connection problems (CRQ-8521).
- Fixed performance issues when merging segments in large documents (CRQ-8237).
- Fixed issue with all data from the language resource template being deleted when unlinking a Language Resource Template from a Trados GroupShare 2017 TM in Trados Studio (CRQ-8195).
- Creating server-based TM via SDL Trados Studio now sets the performance TM tuning setting to Speed by default (CRQ-7965).
Downloading and Installing Cumulative Updates
A cumulative update is automatically applied when you use the AutoUpdate functionality available in SDL Trados Studio. AutoUpdate is turned on by default, so you will automatically be notified of the update as soon as it is available. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and apply the update.
NOTE: Applying the update may take some time, as the SDL Trados Studio installation fully replaces the previously installed version. As a rule of thumb, applying the update will take roughly the same time as installing the application originally. SDL recommends that you use AutoUpdate. However, you can also apply the patch manually, as follows:
- Close SDL Trados Studio 2019.
- Download the ZIP file SDLTradosStudio2019_CU1_36320.zip from our FTP site (Username: sdlpatches, password: 5dlpatch35).
- The ZIP file contains an .exe file. Extract this file to a temporary folder of your choice, such as C:\temp. This .exe file applies to all editions of SDL Trados Studio 2019.
- Double-click the .exe file. This will install the latest release and replace as well as update the files in the SDL Trados Studio 2019 installation folder as appropriate.
After the update release has been installed and SDL Trados Studio or your PC restarted, the issues described in this article should no longer occur.