Passolo 2022 Cumulative Update 3 (Build 220.127.116.11, Published on 7th of March 2023)
This release has been taken down due to an issue with the license mechanics when using license servers (CRQ-32890) and will be released once this issue is addressed. If you have licensing issues please uninstall Passolo and install back the CU2 version from:
Passolo Cumulative Update 3 contains all previous enhancements and hotfixes as well as the following new ones:
More robust licensing system
Option to export untranslated strings and fuzzy matches
- Passolo ships with updated licensing components that are aligned with Trados Studio and offer higher robustness for all licensing scenarios. As part of this change, it is important to note that as of April 2023, you must use this Passolo cumulative update to activate licenses online. Activating older versions of Passolo may no longer be possible after this date. Already activated network or single user licenses are not affected by this change.
Option to use explicit FTPS mode
- The Export/Import Options dialog box now includes a new option to Export untranslated and fuzzy strings. Including pre-translated content (fuzzy strings) means that you can leverage any TM results before translating the file as a cloud or Trados GroupShare project, and you can limit your export to only the non-translated and pre-translated strings. This can keep file size smaller for collaboration purposes, including exporting the SDLXLIFF files to Trados GroupShare or Trados cloud offerings.
- If your server is using an FTPS connection, you can now enable the “Explicit FTPS” option on the FTP Export target settings window. This ensures that Passolo can connect to your server to retrieve and publish translation projects.
- Passolo took a lot of time to respond when trying to change the translation state for a large range of strings. This issue is now fixed. (CRQ-31951)
Passolo 2022 Cumulative Update 2 (Build 18.104.22.168, Published on 13 September 2022)
Passolo Cumulative Update 2 contains all previous enhancements and hotfixes as well as compatibility updates in the Trados family and the following new ones:
- Passolo 2022 CU2 is now fully compatible with Trados Studio 2022 and MultiTerm 2022. This allows you to process termbases generated by either Trados Studio or MultiTerm.
- With this release you can also use Passolo 2022 to edit or update TMs created with GroupShare 2020 CU7.
Expanded supported languages range
- This update adds 438 new languages to the list of languages supported by Passolo 2022. This means that the supported languages are now fully aligned with the supported languages in Trados Studio 2022 and MultiTerm 2022.
- For a list of supported languages see Supported Languages.
- These changes affect MultiTerm 2017, which is no longer supported. Please use an updated version of MultiTerm with Passolo.
.NET parser improvements
- Passolo’s .NET parser is now more robust and offers additional options when extracting .NET assemblies. Under .NET Parser Settings > Parser Options you now have the option to Enable segmentation and Extract Hyperlinks (NavigateUri) from .NET assemblies.
- To ensure data contiguity and prevent unexpected problems, Passolo now automatically converts licensed bundles to standard bundles when exporting in Extract only mode.
- Auto Start System Macro now works as expected. The issue where system macros would sometimes not start on launch is fixed. (PAS-2085)
- Fixed an issue where the Term Recognition would not find fuzzy matches in some cases, even if the document contained fuzzy matches. (CRQ-30347)
- Fixed an issue where Passolo could not resolve standard PresentationCore assembly when trying to update the string list of a .NET 6.0 DLL. (CRQ-29085)
- Passolo’s JSON parser no longer automatically converts ARB target files to CRLF end-of-file bytemarks. (CRQ-28978)
- Passolo’s XML parser no longer automatically converts source CDATA elements to CRLF end-of-file bytemarks. (CRQ-27832)
- Fixed an issue in the RC parser that caused Passolo to throw an error when parsing a file with “Common Control Parameters”. (CRQ-28824)
- The Java parser no longer throws “Memory error in parser” when generating the target files. (CRQ-28813)
- Passolo now reliably extracts all strings from a .NET file with DLL references. (CRQ-28139)
Passolo 2022 Cumulative Update 1 (Build 22.214.171.124, published on 9 February 2022)
Passolo Cumulative Update 1 contains all previous enhancements and hotfixes as well as the following new ones:
- Upgraded Microsoft .NET parser to support .NET 6 binaries and resources
- Updated the WinWrap Basic to version 10.5x to provide support for handling collections.
- Option to write project comments back into translated RESX files. Due to technical limitations in Microsoft .NET, this only works for StringTable RESX files and not for WinForms RESX files.
- Option to disable Exporting 100% match pretranslated strings as confirmed segments in SDLXLIFF export and import. This is useful when you don't want to export exact match entries as Translated, which can lead to more accurate roundtrips through Studio, GroupShare or Trados cloud offerings. You can find this option in the Export/Import Options dialog within the SDLXLIFF export/import flow.
- Automation scripts using Passolo 2022 may crash under certain circumstances. This was caused by incorrect internal variable initialization. Internal variables are now properly initialized and the issue is fixed. (CRQ-27623, CRQ-27706)
- Generating .NET DLLs with Caching assemblies for all parsed files option disabled resulted in unsigned target DLLs. This issue is fixed and Passolo correctly generates signed DLLs regardless of this option.(CRQ-27724)
- Fixed a file naming issue that occurred when generating DLLs with a custom Target path rule. This issue caused Passolo to write the name of the resource file in all lowercase letters. (CRQ-27311)
- Exporting multiple files with the output set to Write to a single export file caused the Project view to incorrectly display the cloud icon for only a single file. This issue is now fixed and the Project view is correctly updated for all exported files.
User interface changes
- The title of the new Add Multiple Languages dialog is now Add Multiple Languages as opposed to Language in previous versions. This change was made to reflect the functionality of the dialog. The dialog now also displays a list of all the selected languages.