This article explains how to activate a Network License for Trados Studio 2021\ Passolo 2022 and later.
NOTE: If you did not install the SDL License Server Manager yet, refer to the Note section in this KB Article.
Use the Locking Utility to generate the Installation ID* (or Locking Code) of your license server machine.
1. Go to your My SDL account area in Products & Plans > Licenses locate your activation code and press on the right hand side: Can´t activate online? - Get an offline Activation Certificat
2. Copy & paste the Installation ID (generated in STEP 1) into the Installation ID* field and press Generate Offline Activation Certificate
Note: make sure there`s no extra space at the end of the Installation ID when you copy it in the RWS account.
3. Save the generated license file (by default named
Download the SDL License Server Manager installer. To have the latest version we recommend the installer available for download in the Products & Plans > Downloads section in your SDL Account. Double-click on the
The SDL License Server Manager installer adds the following utilities to your computer:
The default location for storing the installed SDL License Server Manager, the imported license files and your preferences is:
To activate your network license offline, you need:
- A computer with internet access and connect to your My SDL account via http://www.SDL.com.
- Your network activation code.