How to use the Language Cloud Machine Translation within Trados Studio 2019 SR2 / Trados Studio 2021 and Trados Studio 2021 SR2 / Trados Studio 2022
000011345|5/24/2023 9:01 AM
Trados Studio 2019 SR2
Trados Studio 2021
Trados Studio 2022
LC - Machine Translation
How do I use the Language Cloud capabilities of Machine Translation in Trados Studio 2019 SR2 and Trados Studio 2021 / Trados Studio 2021 SR2 / Trados Studio 2022?
RWS Machine Translation provides Neural Machine Translation (NMT) models that can now be used via your Language Cloud subscription in Trados Studio. All valid Language Cloud subscriptions have been migrated to NMT.
Within Trados Studio 2019 / Trados Studio 2021/Trados Studio 2021 SR2 / Trados Studio 2022, connection to NMT is done through the Language Cloud provider option, or through the Machine Translation Cloud Provider plugin.
Studio 2019 SR2 CU4 / Trados Studio 2021
Logging in via Language Cloud
1. Go to the Sign in button in the upper right corner of Trados Studio
2. Sign in with your RWS ID - e-mail and password (A Trados Live/Language Cloud subscription should automatically be active for your account. If you do not have a Trados Live/Language Cloud, please contact RWS Support)
3. On your project, go to Project Settings andadd the SDL Language Cloud... provider from Project Settings > Language Pairs > [...] > Translation Memory and Automated Translation > Use...
4. Click on Save in the RWS Language Cloud window that shows the NMT Model and Dictionaries used. The option SDL Machine Translation should be by default checked. Now you will be able to use Language Cloud as a provider for machine translation.
You can also add Translation Engines from this window. See the Documentation on how to use Translation Engines
Trados Studio 2021 SR2 / Trados Studio 2022
1. After Signing in as shown in the section above, select Cloud-based resources... from Project Settings
2. Click Save on the Cloud-based Resources page, where Machine Translation is selected by default and the NMT model appears