If you have the correct permissions, you can configure the sensitivity of duplicate entry detection during TD import. Three parameters for doing this are available in the exchange.properties
termdb.import.preventDuplicates = true
termdb.import.checkAttributes = false
termdb.import.overwriteAttributes = true
- If preventDuplicates is true, WorldServer does not create new entries that duplicate existing term entries.
- The checkAttributes and overwriteAttributes parameters apply only if preventDuplicates is true.
- The checkAttributes option controls whether WorldServer compares entry and term attributes when testing for duplicates. If false, WorldServer ignores attributes and compares only the terms.
- If the overwriteAttributes option is true, WorldServer copies the import entries’ and terms’ attributes into the existing term entry. Where the attribute does not already exist in the term database counterpart, the import attribute is added to the relevant entry or term. Where the attribute already exists, the import attribute overwrites the database's counterpart.
- If overwriteAttributes is false, WorldServer does not change the attributes of the duplicate entries or terms.
Note: Duplicate detection behaves differently
for files that use the Simple Delimited File Format
. For Simple Delimited File Format
, where a duplicate is detected, attributes are always overwritten. WorldServer
only compares terms and attributes in an entry for which there is a corresponding column in the glossary being imported. If they match, the row is treated as a duplicate even if the term entry has a superset of the terms in the import data.