Every SDL Account has one or more administrators. You need to be an administrator on the account to be able to make changes to other users than yourself. You can check who are your administrators via Account Details
in your SDL Account.NOTE
: Every user that is added as a Support User has to be named
, an actual person. It can not be an email distribution list. If you wish to add an email distribution list to support case communications, you can do so by adding that email to the "Additional Email" field when logging a new case or afterwards by following the steps in this KB article
This article addresses the following 4 actions:
- Adding a new user to your SDL Account
- Modifying users in your SDL Account
- Removing users from your SDL Account
- Deleting Deactivated Users from your SDL Account
Adding a new user to your SDL Account
- Scroll down to the section Add an additional contact and fill in the details for your new contact.
- The fields marked with an asterisk * are required.
- When done click on the Create Contact button:
Modifying users in your SDL Account
- All users who need access to the SDL Support Portal have to be provided access.
- If you want the user to have access to Quotes, Orders, Downloads, Licenses, Training and Support select the option Support User
If you want to restrict the rights of the user to only have access to support and not see the other options such as Quotes, Orders, Downloads, Licenses and Training, select the option Access Support Only
- To change the contact details of one of your users, click on the link in the Name column to open the Contact Details page for that user.
- Make the required changes and click Save Changes when you are ready:
Removing users from your SDL Account
- All users who have been added to your account are retained in the system history because they could have had some action associated with them in the past.
- This includes users who are not set to Active and are greyed out shown in the user table.
- However, only users who are set to Active have access to the SDL Account:
Deleting Deactivated Users from your SDL Account
- Former users who are deactivated are still in view by the account Administrator and currently can only be deleted by SDL Admins.
- If desired, to remove these users from view open a customer support ticket requesting the deletion of the deactivated users by providing the Account name along with the deactivated user name(s) to be deleted.
- Should these now deleted users need to come back to an active status in the future, open a new support request with the information as the users are still in the database and can be brought back to an active state.