If you do not have a valid PSMA, please read this article.
If you have a valid PSMA and are set up as Support User (for more details, refer to KB article How to set up new Support Contacts in your My SDL Account, follow these instructions:
- Go to SDL Gateway website at https://gateway.sdl.com and select Login/Register found at the top-right of the page.
- Fill in your SDL ID (email address) and password:
Click on the Log a Case button in the SDL Customer Gateway Portal:
Fill in the details of your Support Case and try to be as complete as possible:
- Product: This field is required. Select the relevant product from the drop-down list.
Depending on the Product selected, up to 4 more fields may be shown to help classify your issue: For each of those fields please select the value most appropriate for the case you are logging.
- Product Component
- Product Subcomponent
- Environment: This field only contains selectable items if your product is deployed and supported in different environments (production, test, ...)
- Subject: Entering text in the Subject field automatically initiates a search in the Knowledge Base. The Suggested Articles are displayed on the right hand side of the page.
- Description: Describe your issue or question, add detailed steps to reproduce the issue, include information such as the error messages, relevant third party software, or your operating system.
- Service Impact: Select the most suiting situation from the drop-down list and if possible, add an explanation. Available options are:
- Some users/ workaround in place
- All users/ workaround in place
- Some users / no workaround
- All users / no workaround
- Urgency: Select the most suiting level from the drop-down list and if possible, add an explanation. Available options are:
- Low: Issue causes inconvenience but functions still available, issue could be cosmetic in nature
- Medium: Certain functions may not be available, business process is affected
- High: Issue causes a malfunction that stops business process and inhibits action, customer cannot work.
- Critical: Issue causes a crash or customer data loss, continual failure of a major function of the system.
- Customer Reference: In this optional field you may enter a reference to your own internal IT ticketing system, or any other relevant reference.
- File Attachments: You can add up to 5 attachments, each with a limit of 10 MB.
When everything is filled in, click on the Submit Case button at the bottom of the form. Once the case has been submitted, you will see a Case Detail Summary page with your unique case ID.
More details required?
SDL offer different types of Support Contracts, varying in terms of response time, number of users having access to SDL Support and/or resolution times. For more details, refer to our SDL Support website
SDL Customer Gateway - User Guides
For more details you can consult our localized SDL Customer Gateway User Guides:
From self-service searches in the knowledge base to easier case logging, the new SDL Customer Gateway offers an improved customer experience. For more information and instructions please view the tutorials on the SDL Community:
You can also use the Community forum to ask any questions or post suggestions about the Gateway.