Workaround: Apply repair tool
To regain context matches, apply following steps to your translation memory:
- Download and unzip attached JACMTool
- Copy the .exe file to the SDL Trados Studio 2017 installation folder (default: C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio5)
- Create a backup copy of the translation memory
- Open a command prompt (cmd.exe)
- Change directory to the Studio 2017 installation folder
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio5"
- Run following command (where "<TmFileLocation>" is the full path to the TM to be repaired):
- Confirm by pressing space
- Wait until the tool finishes running
You should now receive context matches from this translation memory again.
Note: The tool can only correct context information if the translation unit that constitutes the context is (still) in the translation memory. This should be the case for most translation units.