After installing Trados Studio 2021 or 2022, opening a WorldServer package is not immediately possible. What are the steps to follow to be able to open a WorldServer (*.WSXZ) package, create a WorldServer Return package and/or use Worldserver Translation Memories?
Starting from Trados Studio 2021, the WorldServer components - which are needed to open and convert WSXZ packages, create WorldServer Return packages and use WorldServer Translation Memories - are now included as a separate application that can be easily downloaded and installed from the App Store. The WorldServer components need to be installed once in order to be able to open WorldServer (*.WSXZ package) and their version needs to match your current version of Trados Studio.
To install the correct WorldServer Component, follow these steps:
1. Download and unzip the WorldServerComponents.zip file that matches your Studio version from the Attachments area at the bottom of this article. Note: this article contains the Worldserver component matching the last 5 CUs/Studio versions. If you cannot find the zip file for your Studio version in this article, please download it from the RWS App Store.
2. Close Trados Studio 2021or 2022
3. Double click on WorldServerComponents.msi which you have unzipped at step 1 to start and finish the installation. It will finish very quickly and silently. It will also replace any earlier versions that were previously installed on your computer.
4. Reopen Studio. In the Home tab, you will now see a new button called Open WorldServer package. Use this button to open your WSXZ (WorldServer) package. You will also see the new button Create WorldServer Return package which you can use once you are done with your translation.
5. You are now also able to add Worldserver Translation Memories from
File > Options > Language Pairs > All Language Pairs > Translation Memory and Automated Translation > Use
Project Settings > Language Pairs > All Language Pairs > Translation Memory and Automated Translation > Use
Note: double-clicking a WSXZ package will no longer open the package automatically in Studio 2021 and 2022. In fact, you will get an error when doing so, as explained in this article. To open a WSXZ package, click on the Open WorldServer package.
The WorldServerComponents.zip can be also downloaded from the RWS Appstore
These articles might be relevant:
Trados Studio 2021 SR2 - connecting to a WorldServer server Translation Memory after opening a WSXZ package throws an error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object - An error has occurred while using the translation provider SDL WorldServer
Error message when opening Trados Studio 2021 SR1 CU7 or Trados Studio 2021 SR2: Could not load file or assembly 'SimpleInjector, Version=22.214.171.124, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=984cb50dea722e99' or one of its dependencies.
Trados Studio SR 1 - Error when opening WSXZ packages 'Method not found: 'Sdl.ProjectApi.IApplication Sdl.ProjectApi.ApplicationFactory.CreateApplication()'